Section 8 Wait List Opening Announcement
The Housing Authority of the County of Butte/Glenn will be opening the Section 8 wait list July 22-August 5, 2019.
All applications will be submitted ONLINE ONLY at www.butte-housing.com
- Due to limited funding availability, not all applicants will be placed on the Wait List. Applications will be selected and ordered using a random lottery system. The number of applicants placed on the Wait List will be set at 5,000.
- Time and date of receipt of the application online during the Wait List opening will have no bearing on whether the application will be selected for the Wait List. There is no need or advantage to apply immediately after the Wait List opens.
- We have included a list of public places (i.e., libraries, etc.) where applicants can get free online computer access.
- Online applications assistance for persons with disabilities (or elderly) will be provided, if requested as a reasonable accommodation.
- Once opened, there will be no fee to apply for the online HACB wait list (last time the list opened, some applicants ran across fraudulent websites that charged fees).
- HACB will have a unique phone number for Wait List inquires.
- Information regarding the Wait List opening will be added to the HACB website soon.